Deweloperzy gry na łamach forum reddit.com odpowiadali na pytania graczy dotyczące Rainbow Six Siege. Oprócz odpowiedzi na najbardziej nurtujące pytania dowiedzieliśmy się iż pierwszy patch do R6S ukaże się już w połowie grudnia. Kolejne poprawki będą ukazywać się co miesiąc.
Pierwszy patch nadchodzi
Lista zmian w nadchodzącym patchu:
- Pawn rotation latency: the difference between a player’s action, the server’s perception and another player seeing said action had an extra delay due to a bug. This had even more impact on shield wielding Operators since sometimes players using those would think they were protected while they were not because of the additional delay caused by the pawn rotation bug.
- Shield positioning while rappelling: certain shield angles were not being replicated properly, this caused the shield wielding player to be overprotected in certain cases. This caused hit detection issues for the player shooting at the shield wielding player.
- Shooting and moving while rappelling: when moving and shooting while in rappel, the hits were sometimes not registered properly by the server.
- Kill cam replication issues: the kill cam was not displaying an accurate representation of hit positions. The point of view seen after death was not the exact point of view of the killer. Moreover, we have instances in which the kill cam shows body parts sticking through walls while they actually weren’t being seen from the killer’s perspective. This has been improved for the next title update, but we still need additional work on this. It is still considered under development.
- Blood color is fixed
- Anti-cheat: Fairfight
- We are glad to share with you that the character limit will now be set to 128 in the mid-December title update
- Clan tags? We are working on something similar
- Live spectating: For public matchmaking, currently the answer is no. However, we are planning on bringing the Spectator Camera on all platforms, on dedicated servers within custom games, in early 2016
SERVER TICK RATE
We are currently investigating having a higher tick rate, which would improve positioning and shooting replication. The current servers run at a tick rate of 64, but the position of players is updated 30 times per second. We have plans to address this very soon and are currently running tests in which we have a position update rate of 60. If the results are satisfying, we will be deploying this in a future update as soon as possible.
CONNECTION TO WRONG DATA CENTER
Another issue we will be working on is that right now, some players connect to the wrong data centers. If you are not connected to the nearest data center, your gameplay experience will likely not be ideal. We believe that the best solution for this will be to allow the players to select their data centers and that is what we will be working on.
GENERAL ISSUES WE ARE AWARE OF
Although we do have a high ping kick in place, one thing to note is that there are some edge cases in which some players have high ping due to poor internet connection spikes. This affects replication quality for the other players within that person’s match.
We hope that this addresses your concerns and we will make sure to keep you updated as we keep monitoring and improving on this and progress within our plans.